One of the most popular events in Children’s Week, Romp & Stomp Fun Day for Children celebrates ten years at Melbourne Museum with Weedy the Seadragon, PV Bear and ThingleToodle on Wednesday 24 October 2012.
With thousands of children, parents, carers and grandparents attending each year, Romp & Stomp is a day of fun-filled activities for children aged 0-5 years. The day includes fun and educational activities, performances, special appearances and storytelling and also provides parents and carers with an opportunity to access information about early childhood services and networks.
Celebrated on Universal Children’s Day each year since 2003, Romp & Stomp is designed to emphasise different aspects of early childhood learning. All activities are included with Melbourne Museum entry (children are free) and include:
– Tangle – create a massive interactive art installation by tangling and weaving coloured elastic around tall poles.
– Baby Play – parents and their little ones relax and have fun with toys presented by Playgroup Victoria.
– Active Play – join Playgroup Victoria’s active play.
– Make your own shield – be inspired by the Aboriginal shields on display in Melbourne Museum and make your own shield with Kindergarten Parents Victoria.
– Fire fighters are friends – dress up and play in official mini Metropolitan Fire Brigade outfits.
– Early learning is fun – learn the art of publishing with Berry Street.
– Still life drawing – join Gowrie Victoria in learning about the Museum objects around you and drawing what you see.
– Bug fun, stories and craft – make some bug antennae, go magnetic fishing and hear some bug inspired stories with Early Childhood Management Services.
– Craft activities – make your own macaroni necklaces and join in on colouring in and paper folding.
– Roving characters – look out for Weedy the Seadragon, PV Bear and ThingleToodle as they rove around Melbourne Museum.
Romp & Stomp Fun Day for Children is presented by Melbourne Museum in partnership with a group of
organisations involved in early childhood education, including Early Childhood Management Services, Playgroup Victoria, Kindergarten Parents Victoria, Berry Street, Gowrie Victoria, Save the Children, HIPPY Australia, Vic Roads and Metropolitan Fire Brigade.
Romp & Stomp Fun Day for Children
10am–3pm, Wednesday 24 October 2012
Melbourne Museum, Nicholson Street, Carlton
| || |
Source = Melbourne Museum