| ||Murray’s Big Wednesday IPA bottle|
| || |
Murray’s Craft Brewing Co will release its first India Pale Ale (IPA) in the bottle this October long weekend to mark the official start of its month-long Hoptoberfest celebrations. Other highlights include a menu of hot-and-hoppy dishes at its brewery restaurants and live music every weekend. The festival culminates with a special hop-focused beer dinner at Murray’s at Manly, held as part of Sydney Craft Beer Week and featuring several unique hoppy beers brewed especially for the night.
“At Murray’s, we love our hops so much that we’ve created a festival to celebrate this icon of flavour,” says brewery owner, Murray Howe. “Our flagship pale ale, Angry Man, already provides hop lovers with the chance to quench their thirst. Now I’m proud to introduce our Big Wednesday IPA in the bottle for the first time, which pushes the boundaries that little bit further. The IPA category is a huge one in the USA and we see a big future for this style in Australia.”
IPA is one of the world’s most popular craft beer styles – so much so that the style has its own website. The history of IPA’s date back over 175 years, and they are believed to have been developed originally for British citizens living in India during colonial rule. The generous amount of hops in the brews protected them from spoilage during long journeys on the British sailing ships of the time.
“Big Wednesday is an explosion of hop flavour and aroma, with loads of fresh New Zealand hops added late giving the beer its unique bittersweet balance,” said Murray’s Head Brewer, Shawn Sherlock. “Hops open your palate and perfectly compliment hot and spicy dishes in a way that wine can’t. The rich flavour stays with you long after you finish your beer.”
Murray’s Big Wednesday IPA in the bottle will be available from 29 September at Murray’s Brewery, Port Stephens, or online at www.murraysbrewingco.com.au – and then progressively through leading craft beer retailers across October.
Hoptoberfest: Murray’s Brewery (Port Stephens)
- Murray’s Big Wednesday IPA bottle launch – from Saturday 29 September
- Murray’s Big Wednesday IPA on draught – from Saturday 29 September
- FREE live concerts every weekend in October – commencing with Hugh Gordon on Saturday 29 September, and Dan Beazley on Sunday 30 September
- Hop-and-hoppy dining specials, plus regular menu
- Brewery tours daily at 2pm – focused on brewing hoppy beers
- BOOKINGS – Call 4982 6411 or email email@example.com
Hoptoberfest: Murray’s at Manly
- Murray’s Big Wednesday IPA on draught – from Friday 28 September
- FREE live concerts every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in October
- Hot-and-hoppy dining specials, plus regular menu
- Sydney Craft Beer Week ‘Hop-Head Beer Dinner’ (9 beer courses, 6 food courses) – Thursday 25 September, from 7pm. Diners can expect a night of big hop-driven beers. IPA’s a specialty, with a series of beers brewed for this one night only!
- BOOKINGS – Call 9977 0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
| || || |
Source = Murray’s Craft Brewing Co.